February 10, 2011

Bi-Coastal

Now that I am working again (hooray), I feel like I rejoined the universe as a contributing member.  Meredith has given me an unbelievable opportunity to help her build her dream business.  A daunting task, but we dive in and move mountains to get a line together in record time.  (We are stressed, and alot of dialogue ensues- read between the lines).  We agree to disagree when needed, and we move forward.  More about Meredith later, my relationship with her is almost symbiotic.)

This means lots of time in NY, and a paradigm shift in how I view/live my life.  I met my husband, Mr. G, after searching for my soulmate for 46!! years.  We had a relatively normal life in So-Cal, with 2 of the sweetest dogs I have ever met.  So it was hard to have him move away, and even harder to leave my babies.  They, by the way are now having the time of their lives in WA.  Off-leash is a way of life.  So life goes on at a different level for all of us.

I have known Anna for years, she helped me in another life to adjust to NY for a brief period in the 90's.  Now she is the reason we get to have a dorm, and a life of comradery with the 4 of us, and the dog, we'll call him Mr J, (named for his lucky run in with Anna at the Newark airport)  and a cat, Mr F, named for his beautiful color, and sometimes temperament. 

Claire made her debut as a Parsons student - now I have a fashion student to mentor, whether she likes it or not. It makes my day to talk to her in the evening about her classes.  She is my shining star, so much a diamond in the rough, that my heart sometimes aches.  I would like to help her past the tough parts, but she does not need that from me, and would not listen, anyway.  Did any of us??

I am sitting now in So-Cal, with a beautiful sunset out my window, 78 degrees, packing for the trip back to NY.  I cannot believe that I am so looking forward to getting back to my NY family.  If anyone had told me 1 year ago that this now now my life, I would have laughed at the absurdity of it all.  I am not laughing now, and I love my roomies, and am looking forward to -- who knows what, this time!

--Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment