February 3, 2011

Meredith on Ruby

As you can tell, Ruby is a bit of a "glass-half-empty" person. She gets mad when I call her "Eyore" because she can be a little negative. She is anxiety ridden much of the time, but that's becasue she so hard on herself.
But talk about a GIGANTIC heart! Size 6 with a size 22 heart! If your'e hurting or in trouble, Ruby will not buy into your tough-girl facade. Oh no! She'll dig it out of you and not let you get away until she makes it better ( Or at least helps you get it out of your system!) I love that about her!
I had become a walking zombie before arriving at the dorm. Having lost both parents, my job, my husband losing a job, my daughter having serious physical and emotional problems that almost killed her... all in a relatively short periof of time, I couldn't cry or even react to anything. I had gone completely on Auto-pilot. But after a few months with Ruby...  I'm starting to thaw and feel things again. She's a good "therapist" becasue she won't le ou hide from  yourself ...and her Wine- therapy is the BEST! ( Althought not AMA approved) 
All of my dorm mates have been supportive and wonderful. But Ruby is the one who forgets her own issues in a hearbeat for a friend in need, even when they don't know they need it:.
That's why no matter how much we fight about work or irritate each other I know there is no better person to have in your foxhole.

No comments:

Post a Comment